Skip to main content

Interview with Theo, Budding Advice Columnist

Here's Theo's responses to a few of the "Ask Dr. M" mailed-in advice requests:

Hi! I hope this question is not silly. but, there’s only one way to say this. I like playing with and collecting American Girl dolls, but I'm afraid people will judge me for it. My friends at school always say how weird they are. Should I give up my obsession or have to face being the least popular person in my school by doing what I love? is it normal for me to love American Dolls?— Doll Dork, 10Dear Doll Dork,Stop playing with them because people will keep making fun of you and you'll have no one to play with. There's many other things for you to play. There's not only one thing in the world you can do.
I am scared of the news on TV about war, and it frightens me that the USA will get attacked. Please help. I don't know what to do or what to believe on TV anyway! Sorry this was short, hopefully this was good enough.— Anxious, 14Dear Anxious,Stop watching TV.
Hi. I am in middle school and have ADHD but my teachers say I have to figure stuff like organization on my own and I am also very shy. Any advice on how to overcome shyness and organization issues?— J, 12Dear J,Talk more and clean up after yourself.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill's three chess games.

Once upon a time there was a boy named bill. bill was a very good chess player. Today he went to a chess tournament. He had three games and won them all. His first game started with e4, e5, Nf3, Nc6, and Bc4 for a simple Italian game. After that the game went on with Nf6 the two nights defence. Bill responded with Ng5 double attacking the f5 squere and  the game went on with d5, exd5, Nxe5, and Nxf7 for a fried liver attack. Then it went on with Kxf7 Qf3+, Kg8, Qxd5+, Qxd5, Bxd5#. a very well  played game by bill.     Bill's second game he was black. The game started out with e4, e5, Nf3, Nc6, Bc4, and Nf6. Exactly what happened in the first game he played. The game went on with Ng5, and Bc5. Bill had already analyzed this so he knew what he was doing. Anyway the game went on with Nxf7 and bill ignored it with Bxf2+. Black responded with Kxf2 and the game wen on with Nxe4+, Ke3, Qh4, Nxh8, and the rest bill calculated and the rest was forced was forced, with Qf4+, Ke...

my favorite traps

 These are some of my favorite traps in chess. The reason I like them a lot is because there are easy and easy to analyze. Anyway one of m favorites starts with e4, e5, Nf3, Nc6 and Bb5. this is a very normal opening. Then the came continues with Nf6, o-o, Ng4, h3, h5, hxg4, hxg4, Ne1, and Qh4, The threat is very clear now. The black queen is about to make checkmate on either h1, or h2. You could slow it down with f3 but black will just advance his pawn to g3 and there is no stopping Qh1#   This next trap we are playing black again. As usual it starts out with e4, e5, Nf3, Nc6, but instead of Bb5 the bishop stops on c4! Why did he do it? Well you will find out soon. After Nf6 white plays Ng5 double attacking the weak f5 pawn, threatening a queen and rook fork, and protecting his pawn and there is no way good way you can stop this threat.    Now you are going to find out why we let our enemy play that and you are about to see how we are going to defend it. Try to figu...
1. the very elaborate math problem 2. the math problem was extensive 3. each book is bound in genuine leather  4. the dog was not very obedient 5. he substituted the value of the math problem  6. the person was naive 7. it was  unanimous that 1+1=2 8. there is a origin to math 9. he lost the gam abruptly 10. he abdicated his power